This guide will help you install several peices of software onto your Amazon fire TV or Stick which will allow you to watch any movie or TV show for free. The main software to be installed are ES File Explorer, Kodi and The Beast.
The Beast is a good all-round build for Kodi with movies, tv shows, live TV etc, all you could want.
Exodus is just for movies and TV shows and have none of the bells and whistles that The Beast has, this makes it much quicker (especially on the Fire TV Stick compared to the Box).
- ES File Explorer is a software that allows the installation of other software onto the Amazon Fire TV without the need for a computer, a real bonus as it greatly simplifies installations!
- Kodi is a media player available for a multitude of platforms and has the capability to accept add-ons.
- The Beast is an Add-On for Kodi and is the software that will give you access to movies and TV shows for free.
ES File Explorer
This is easy install, just search for the app or use the voice command if you have the voice remote and you should be able to easily find and install this app. The image below shows the icon.
Written Guide for Kodi
- If you haven’t done so before, enable “Apps from Unknown Sources” on your Fire TV by following this guide.
- Install ES File Explorer for free from the Amazon Appstore. You can find it using the Fire TV’s search feature.
- Launch ES File Explorer (Press the BACK button on your remote a few times to exit the tutorial if it loads)
- Select “Add” in the left column under the “Favorite” menu.
- Press the center SELECT button on your remote to begin entering text in the “Path” text field.
- Enter http://kodi.tv/download and then select “Next” or press PLAY on your remote.
- Enter Kodi and then select “Next” or press PLAY on your remote.
- Select “Add” to add a Kodi download link to ES File Explorer’s “Favorite” section.
- Scroll down the “Favorite” list on the left and select the newly added “Kodi” link.
- Kodi’s download page will load. Using the directional buttons on your remote, move the highlight box around until you can select the “ARM” link under the “Android:” section of the page. Then press SELECT on your remote to start downloading Kodi.
- Wait for Kodi to finish downloading.
- Once Kodi is done download, select the Open file option.
- Select the Install option.
- Select “Install” once again.
- Wait for Kodi to install.
- Kodi is now installed. You can launch it by selecting the “Open” option or by going to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Kodi.
Written Guide for The Beast
- Open Kodi
- Select SYSTEM > File Manager
- Select Add Source
- Select None
- Type the following EXACTLY http://spartanpixel.net/repo and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath Enter a name for this media Source, type spartan & Select OK
- Go back to your Home Screen
- Select SYSTEM
- Select Add-Ons
- Select Install from zip file
- Select spartan
- Select Wizard.zip
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification in the bottom right hand corner
- Go back to your Home Screen
- Select PROGRAMS
- Select Spartan Wizard
- You can now choose The Beast
- Wait for download to complete
- When the download completes the file will extract. You will then be asked to force close Kodi. This is a necessary procedure for the build to install correctly. Just click OK and allow it to force close Kodi
- You can now open Kodi and the Beast Build should be installed